Monday 10 January 2011

One finished hat...

Ta Da! This hat whipped up nice and quick I must say. I used sock yarn that came as a gift with my "Inside Crochet" magazine and, even though the mixed colour does hide the pattern a bit, I think it came out pretty nice.

The hat is basically a set of granny squares stitched together to make the brim and then single crochet to spiral up for the crown. I always use one hook size smaller than the pattern as I have quite a loose stitch but it did come up a bit looser than expected- Thankfully my friend's head is a bit larger than mine!

This pattern and the Berry hats both came from "Crocheted Gifts" by Kim Werker. Even with my loose stitching, you have to watch the sizes as my 4 year old ended up with the hat labelled for a 6-9 month old. This hat worked single crochet with alternating decrease rows and plain sc rows. I ended up cutting out 9 rows of the sc rows as it would have been massive.

PS- The funny face is because of the 9 pictures it took to get this one with my iphone. I should have waited for my Hubbie to get home!

2 comments:

  1. The hat looks very pretty - not sure why you are pulling the face though... perhaps you don't want to give it away?

    I'm hopefully going to be getting some more nice wool as my subscriber present to inside crochet soon so I thought I may have a go at making a hat for your friend too... I'll let you know how I go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you my dear! I will hold off sending mine until the end of the month which is when she is starting the first course of treatment.

    ReplyDelete