Sunday 6 February 2011

Fun with felt


Flicking through my copy of "Fa la la la felt" by Amanda Carestio is such a treat! The patterns and ideas are so beautiful that you just wantt to dive right in. I've been waiting for my beautiful baby to sleep for more than 15 minutes at a time so that I can sit in my sunny dining room and get "Felty". Yesterday seemed like that day until I realised that all the template designs at the back of the book need to be enlarged by various % to get to the right size. Darn it! I have a printer/ photocopier but it doesn't do enlargements.

So, that will have to wait a few more days. Until then, I decided to start creating my own design which I plan to share with you. I sketched out a robin using a google photo image and traced over to make separate templates. These pieces are a bit fiddly-sorry (which I will remember when designing my next piece)

I did find some useful tips for cutting out tiny felt pieces on

I plan to have design, templates and Robin finished next week and posted. I would love to hear your feedback and, if anyone fancied making their own, I would be honoured!



No comments:

Post a Comment