Tuesday 24 May 2011

Bootie-licious!



How do you like my dinky booties? I had a real "Elves and the Shoemaker" moment looking at these all lined up. It did actually feel like being the wizened old shoemaker as I bent over the table, trying to get these done quickly for the first Baby Shower this weekend.

I really shouldn't rush though. The first pair took about an hour and I was struck by how simple and successful the pattern was. The second pair came with me to a local crochet group (my first time) but, with all the chit-chat, I ended up having to unpick and redo parts twice. The last pair at the table was going so well until I realised that the green cuff around the top was too big and I had to rework that too.

Never mind. I think I will leave going to crochet groups for a bit- at least until I have a straight-forward pattern like a wrap or blanket that I can do without thinking.

PS- It's been a while since I've had a comment. I so look forward to them so please say Hi!

2 comments:

  1. A new crochet group? Where are the photos - how did you you find out about it... was it lots of fun?

    Love the booties, very adorable :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The reference to The Elves and the Shoemaker is great. (One of my favorites as a child!) The booties are wonderful. How many are you making?...are you the Shoemaker? :-] Happy Day to You.

    ReplyDelete